[asterisk-users] t38 ATA

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Mar 12 11:01:58 CST 2010

On 03/13/2010 12:00 AM, Alexandru Oniciuc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a hand in choosing a small ATA, even with one FXS port, that
> should do only fax with T38.
>
> I’ve tried Grandstream (ht286 model) but the faxes go out without ECM,
> even if the Fax machine has ECM enabled.
>
> Is there anyone that can recommend an ATA that might do the trick?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

The Grandstreams do T.38 quite well, and they do support ECM. It is
probably your service provider which is blocking ECM. Many of them do.

People complain a lot about Grandstream, but its mostly their phones.
Their ATA are amongst the better ones. Sadly, that doesn't mean an awful
lot, as most ATAs are quite nasty.

Steve