[asterisk-users] Fri March 12th @ 12 noon EST: SIP scanning, security and attacks + Hosted vs on-site voip

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:59:50 CST 2010

Hi all,

Today's jam-packed sessions include the security theme for the first
hour or so, then a debate about hosted vs local VoIP services.

Hour one guests are Sjur Usken, telecom consultant who has been
working with VoIP since 2002 and helping companies migrate to an all
IP world and Sandro Gauci, a security researcher and consultant based
in, author of VoIP security tools SIPVicious, VOIPPACK and
VOIPSCANNER.com. They'll be talking about a number of realistic VoIP
attacks and what's being exploited by fraudsters for profit.

Hour two we expect Mike Oeth, Junction Networks CEO to join our
regulars to talk about hosted vs local VoIP. There's also
miscellaneous buzz about Android desk phones and such. Tune in, you
won't regret it.

General VUC info: http://vuc.me
IRC anytime for info and during the calls: #vuc on Freenode.net or
http://vuc.me/irc
Start time for your time zone: http://vuc.me/next

Access via SIP, Skype, PSTN, web widget and prayer pillows:
http://vuc.me/how-to-participate/

To listen to a stream: http://vuc.me/talkshoe

On March 26th, 2010 VUC will be be three years old! To celebrate,
we're holding a 24-hour session to give everyone everywhere a chance
to meet the VUC community. The discussion will be much wider than VoIP
alone and there's no excuse for people of the Southern Hemisphere to
miss this one!

http://Voipathon.org for info