[asterisk-users] press release: Attrafax t.30 and t.38 alternative now released as gpl2 + commercial license

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:07:39 CST 2010

> Zoa wrote:
>> On friday we finally released Attrafax under a GPL2 license.
>> It comes with its own set of modems and built in transparent gatewaying.
>> The solution should be quite stable as long as the line quality is ok.
>> (Some tools for measuring the line quality are included in the release,
>> as well as some fax2mail scripts).
>>
>> There is an example implementation included for Asterisk 1.4, if someone
>> wants to porting it to the new fax backend or more recent asterisk
>> versions and needs some help, let us know.

I tested Attrafax this afternoon and was very pleased to see that it
worked first time right out of the box.  I tested the gateway function
with the Asterisk source in the tarbal, Zaptel 1.4.10.1 and a Digium
TE405P ver2 4-port T1 card.  I really like the console output while
processing faxes.  Very impressive.

Would anyone mind sharing any performance statistics based on real
word usage or even high volume lab testing?  I'm wondering how many
concurrent T38 to PRI faxes could be handled with high end server
hardware.  Where are the bottlenecks for the software stack, RAM, PCI
Bus, Proc Speed, Disc I/O?  Would there be a problem running 3 to 4
PRI's full of T38 to SIP Faxes on one server?  Could the Attrafax
software handle that volume?

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

JR
--