[asterisk-users] multiple RTP port ranges for SIP

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Wed Mar 10 09:35:01 CST 2010

We are coordinating a connection to a SIP provider who told us they use two
port ranges for RTP, 7000-8000 and 10000-20000.

We've never encountered that before (and I believe rtp.conf only supports a
single range).  We can obviously setup 7000-20000 within RTP.conf, but I'm
wondering if there is any other significance to this config?

The other end is using an asterisk server too, so how can they be using a
split range like that?  I believe the originator requests the ports for
RTP...

Thanks,
MD