[asterisk-users] asterisk SIP, SIPAddHeader() and Cisco GED-125

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:11:25 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Franklin Webb <fwebb at imminc.com> wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> I had an application where I had to pass data between Asterisk and a Genesys system using SIPAddHeader().  It worked pretty well, but we had two genesys boxes, and by the time I was done I found I was losing the SIP header where I needed it, since it only shows up on next INVITE.  I ended up storing data in the CallerID Name field with a delimeter and parsing it out.  Far from an ideal solution, but it may be something that can help you.

Thank you very much for your reply. That had occurred to me as well,
and it may very well be the approach I take. I agree with you that it
is less than ideal, but if a solution works at all, that's good enough
for my needs. Luckily, the most important value I want to pass will
fit in the callerID field width.