[asterisk-users] asterisk SIP, SIPAddHeader() and Cisco GED-125

Franklin Webb fwebb at imminc.com
Mon Mar 8 12:42:34 CST 2010

Hello David,

I had an application where I had to pass data between Asterisk and a Genesys system using SIPAddHeader().  It worked pretty well, but we had two genesys boxes, and by the time I was done I found I was losing the SIP header where I needed it, since it only shows up on next INVITE.  I ended up storing data in the CallerID Name field with a delimeter and parsing it out.  Far from an ideal solution, but it may be something that can help you.

Best of luck,

Frank