[asterisk-users] Attended transfer broken in 1.6.0.25

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sun Mar 7 20:39:59 CST 2010

Theo Band wrote:
> I have the following problem with the 1.6.0.25 version of Asterisk:
>
> 1. A calls B
> 2. B picks up and talks to A
> 3. B does attended transfer to C
> 4. C picks up, but B still hears ringing
> 5. A and B are connected again (AT timeout exceeded on console)
>
> This is exactly the same problem as mentioned in bug 16816
> <https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16816>
> This bug is solved but filed against 1.6.2 branch, so not the 1.6.0
> branch. Searching further I found a couple of other related bugs, but
> all are closed/duplicate or for another branch.

Have you looked at the notes that shows the merging of the fix to various
branches, such as this one?

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16816#118692

That note shows it merged to 1.4. It was then merged to trunk, 1.6.2, 1.6.1, and
1.6.0 branches.

> How can I tell whether this problem gets fixed for the 1.6.0 branch? And
> if it gets fixed, how long in general will it take before it will be
> merged into the 1.6.0 branch? My users rely on the attended transfer
> feature, so I like to tell them when it will be solved.

Whenever an issue is closed, it is merged into all applicable branches at the
same time. You can see the revision number and the branches it was merged into
via the svnbot notes in the bug, which are usually the last notes of an issue.

> Recently I started to use the yum repository distribution which is based
> on the 1.6.0 branch. I see about once per month an update and I waited
> for the 1.6.0.25 update last week. It didn't fix this problem...
> I like using yum because of the ease of updating. I prefer not to
> compile the code myself as I did in the past for the 1.4 branch. That's
> why I try to understand something about the patch release. Should I
> perhaps file a bug as well but now against this specific branch?

There is no need to file a patch. You can check the ChangeLogs from the archive
files (even if you don't install from source), or you can look at the 'svn log'
on a branch or tag to see what fixes have been applied.

Leif Madsen.