[asterisk-users] Attended transfer broken in 1.6.0.25

Theo Band theo.band at greenpeak.com
Sun Mar 7 12:14:14 CST 2010

I have the following problem with the 1.6.0.25 version of Asterisk:

1. A calls B
2. B picks up and talks to A
3. B does attended transfer to C
4. C picks up, but B still hears ringing
5. A and B are connected again (AT timeout exceeded on console)

This is exactly the same problem as mentioned in bug 16816
<https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16816>
This bug is solved but filed against 1.6.2 branch, so not the 1.6.0
branch. Searching further I found a couple of other related bugs, but
all are closed/duplicate or for another branch.

How can I tell whether this problem gets fixed for the 1.6.0 branch? And
if it gets fixed, how long in general will it take before it will be
merged into the 1.6.0 branch? My users rely on the attended transfer
feature, so I like to tell them when it will be solved.

Recently I started to use the yum repository distribution which is based
on the 1.6.0 branch. I see about once per month an update and I waited
for the 1.6.0.25 update last week. It didn't fix this problem...
I like using yum because of the ease of updating. I prefer not to
compile the code myself as I did in the past for the 1.4 branch. That's
why I try to understand something about the patch release. Should I
perhaps file a bug as well but now against this specific branch?

Theo