[asterisk-users] Observation about DAHDI, FAX and Echo cancellation

Håkon Nessjøen haakon at avelia.no
Fri Mar 5 11:40:13 CST 2010

Hi,

I have read that DAHDI automagically turns of echo cansellation when it sees
that it is a FAX.

So I checked this out. I have a fax call into asterisk which is immediately
called out to an external fax machine via DAHDI again..

For example, the result is: DAHDI/1-1 = incoming call, DAHDI/2-1 outgoing
call.

Now, with the help of dahdi show channel, if I check channel 2: echo
cancellation is ON. Then i check channel 1: it is OFF.

Shouldn't both be turned off?

Regards,
Håkon Nessjøen