[asterisk-users] Identify scripts connecting to the asterisk manager

Jason Marble jlmarble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:41:49 CST 2010

Is there any easy way to identify which script or service is
connecting to the Asterisk manager? Somewhere on my system a script or
service is trying to connect with a bad user name or password. I get
the following error: connect attempt from '127.0.0.1' unable to
authenticate

I thought maybe I could do a tcpdump on port 5038 and try to fish out
the bad username or password but I wasn't able to see any passwords or
usernames in plain text.

Any way I could maybe change the logging in Asterisk to show me the
username that is not able to authenticate?

- Jason