[asterisk-users] Echo cancellation on DAHDI

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Wed Mar 3 06:02:41 CST 2010

----- "DHAVAL INDRODIYA" <dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> Carlos
>
> I checked dmesg on my server and i found following message
>
> what is meaning for this ? i cant understand
>
> VPM400: Not Present
> VPM450: echo cancellation for 128 channels
> VPM450: hardware DTMF disabled.
> VPM450: Present and operational servicing 4 span(s)
>
> regards
> Dhaval

That means you have a VPM450 echo cancelling module attached to your digital board. All you need to do in order to activate echo cancelling is setting echocancel=yes on your chan_dahdi.conf.

After that you can check if the echo canceller is really enabled by triggering a "dahdi show channel X" on the Asterisk CLI. X should be a channel that's currently on a call. Here's an example:

stara*CLI> dahdi show channel 64
Channel: 64
File Descriptor: 77
Span: 3LI>
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: pabx
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID name:
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: ISDN PRI
Radio: 0I>
Owner: DAHDI/64-1
Real: DAHDI/64-1
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: alaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps unless TDM bridged, currently ON
PRI Flags: Call
PRI Logical Span: Implicit
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook

Of course, the interesting line to you is the "Echo Cancellation" one.