[asterisk-users] how can I release trunks after transferring 2 calls connected on trunks between the same machines.

Raoul Trevisi raoul.trevisi at phonetica.eu
Wed Mar 3 04:41:10 CST 2010

Hello,

I made 3 questions because they are linked and actually dealing with the same need of releasing trunks after transferring 2 calls connected on trunks between the same machines.

1)      I have a machine with Asterisk 1.4 connected with a SIP trunk to a PBX.

A (on the PBX) calls B (a SIP phone on Asterisk).
B answers and puts A on hold. Then B calls C (on the PABX) and does an attended transfer.

How should I configure Asterisk to send a SIP REFER message to the PBX at the transfer ?

I need it to release the SIP trunks and let the transferees talk through the PBX without involving Asterisk any longer in their call.

2)      If I connect a first Asterisk via SIP trunk to a second Asterisk 1.6 and connect this second Asterisk to a PBX via QSIG.

A (on the PBX) calls B (a SIP phone on the first Asterisk).
B answers and puts A on hold. Then B calls C (on the PABX) and does an attended transfer.

Provided the first Asterisk can send a REFER message to the second Asterisk,

how should I configure the second Asterisk to make it send the message Facility: Call Transfer Complete  to the PBX via QSIG at this transfer ?

I need it to allow the PBX to reply with the message Path Replacement Purpose, have the QSIG trunks released and let the transferees talk through the PBX without involving the 2 Asterisk any longer in their call.

Which hw/QSIG board shall I use on the second Asterisk to get this behavior ? Any PRI board ?

3)       This is basically the same question of 2) but with a IAX trunk. If I connect a first Asterisk via IAX trunk to a second Asterisk 1.6 and connect this second Asterisk to a PBX via QSIG.

A (on the PBX) calls B (a SIP phone on the first Asterisk).
B answers and puts A on hold. Then B calls C (on the PABX) and does an attended transfer.

At the transfer, the first Asterisk correctly sends TXREQ to the second Asterisk.

How should I configure the second Asterisk to make it send the message Facility: Call Transfer Complete  to the PBX via QSIG at this transfer ?

I need it to allow the PBX to reply with the message Path Replacement Purpose, have the QSIG trunks released and let the transferees talk through the PBX without involving the 2 Asterisk any longer in their call.

Thank you and Regards,

Raoul Trevisi