[asterisk-users] Echo cancellation on DAHDI

Brian brel.astersik100129 at copperproductions.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:15:04 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 16:49 +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 16:27 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Brian wrote:
> >
> > > It would be nice to resolve this - but it's probably beyond my
> > > understanding and ability.
> >
> > Did you un-comment the 2 lines in Kbuild in the ...linux/drivers/dahdi
> > directory?
> >
> > Gordon
> >
> Ah Gordon! Thank God you are here!
>
> No my friend, I did not. I was blindly following this....
>
> http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/oslec.html#install_dahdi
>
> But looking at Kbuild all it has in it is...
>
> <FILE CONTENTS>
> obj-m += echo.o
> </FILE CONTENTS>
>
> So I don't have two lines to uncomment ??? Methinks something ain't
> right here. Colombo would be proud of me.
>
> It appears there are issues with make -v- the path of echo.c + echo.o
> from my limited comprehension of such matters.
>
> Perhaps I'll whirl it again, this time unpacking to /usr/src/dahdi
> rather than /usr/src/dahdi/dahdi. I had adjusted the paths but just in

My issue was nothing more complex than having downloaded the full dahdi
package. The result is it unpacks to:

/usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/staging -
not /usr/src/dahdi/drivers/staging.

Fix was nothing more simple than moving the contents
of /usr/src/dahdi/linux/ to /usr/src/dahdi/ and the 'howto' worked
pretty much like a charm :-)