[asterisk-users] Server response time

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Mar 2 10:29:47 CST 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Juan C. Villa wrote:

> Gordon,
>
> Thank you very much for the detailed insights! I really appreciate it.
> I'm gonna test drive a server in Germany today. The main reason for
> choosing a server in Germany is COST ($65 vs $200).

I'm very surprised to hear that co-lo's in the US charge that much a month
for a server. That must be one hellofa server and bandwidth package!

I'd still be wary of sending media over the atlantic and back again though
- it's a lot on Internet to rely on, even if the ping times are low
enough.

Gordon