[asterisk-users] Echo problem in VoIP-calls

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Wed Jun 30 09:24:44 CDT 2010

Try the SIP phone. If it is better then you might try looking to see if
there are any echo cancelation settings on the softphone or analogue
adapter you can change. Try turning echo cancelation off aswell since if
there are two running they can interfere with each other and make the
situation worse.

If you hear echo on that phone then it might be that the network
connection from that location has a higher latency making the echo far
more noticeable.
If the other party you are connecting to hears echo then this could be
down to the phone or the jitter buffer. If you start with a small jitter
buffer the echo cancelation will train to that but if you get increased
jitter the buffer will grow and add an additional delay to the audio.
Often echo cancelation only trains at the start of a call.
Maybe try disabling the jitter buffer.