[asterisk-users] Adding Congestion to CDR logs

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Wed Jun 30 05:44:58 CDT 2010

Kenny Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I had a breif telco outage with one of my sip providers.
>
> Is there a way to add failed calls to the cdr aswell as the connected ones?
>

> I was also thinking about having an automated process that monitored
> congested calls vs Succesful ones on a carrier and weight the dial plan
> using this.
>

> My dial plan is already run by global varialbes for day/night for
> landline/mobile and I was thinking that I could use the manager
> interface to change these variables depending on the sucess rate from an
> application.   Not done that much research into it but I beleive that
> this is possible!
>

> Thanks
>
> Kenny Watson

Yes you could certenly do that. If one of your sip providers goes down
and you have qualify=yes for them then the call should fail immediatly
and you can detect the return code and automatically fail over to a
different provider.

A better way would be to make use of AGI and write code to lookup calls
costs for the specific destination so you can perform least cost routing
between your providers. When the call is hungup you can record stats
about that provider such as if the call failed.