[asterisk-users] What are the guts of AsteriskNOW and how it compares to other popular flavors available?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:20:55 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I want to know a bit about the guts of the current AsterisNOW system. I know
that FreePBX is embraced as the main GUI but is just an install of CentOS
5.4 + (Asterisk/FreePBX from Yum repos)?

- Or is there anymore to this? Maybe some security tools?
- Or is Asterisk built from the source?
- Is there some other program installed to facilitate a better PBX system
than those of the competitor flavours (e.g. Trixbox, piaf, Elastix)? or does
it generally fall behind those?
- I would be very happy if you can point me to section of the image file
which is responsible for post install of CentOS as I think that is the
approach to get an AsteriskNOW system running with Asterisk and etc...

Thanks,
Bruce