[asterisk-users] restricting sip users to a certain useragent

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:58:02 CDT 2010

Greetings list,this question is rather a pain in my side.. i have been trying to figure it out.. it could be simple.i have a customer with a callcenter .. we developed a CRM "Customer Relations Management"  with an SIP dialers built in.the question is the following.. is it possible to force the agents (users) to use a certain UserAgent which is the one built-in our system?  this way will prevent the agents we are restricting them to only be able to dial through the software which is already restricted to their seats in the call center.. but someone might sniff around .. and get the sip username and password assigned to him and use it through Zoiper or any other softphone to make calls ..our agents are allowed international calls .. so we want to restrict them to only use our dialer.Is that possible?Asterisk version 1.4.33regards

-- Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP USA: +1 386 492 9993