[asterisk-users] Problem with TE411P and DAHDI

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Jun 28 16:11:51 CDT 2010

On 06/28/2010 03:27 PM, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> 	We just recently upgraded a server from Zaptel to DAHDI and Asterisk
> 1.4.30 to 1.6.2.9 and now we are getting this message before the server
> reboots every few minutes:
>
> Message from syslogd@ at Mon Jun 28 15:17:48 2010 ...
> pbx kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
> Jun 28 15:17:48 pbx kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 35 on
> CPU 0.
> Jun 28 15:17:48 pbx kernel: Do you have a strange power saving mode
> enabled?
> Jun 28 15:17:48 pbx kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
>
> 	This is an IBM server that has been in operation for over three years
> now.  It is running CentOS 5.5 with all the updates applied.  The
> upgrade was made last week on Tuesday and thee problem started on
> Saturday when it rebooted a couple times but today it is rebooting every
> few minutes.  Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem?

If your card is still under warranty, you can may want to contact
customer support for assistance.

However, the first question I have (in order to rule out any hardware
failures that just happen to coincide with your update) is if you revert
the the previous version of Zaptel and Asterisk and leave the kernel /
platform version to same, is the system stable again?

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer