[asterisk-users] Big time system

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:29:06 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Cary Fitch <caryf at usawide.net> wrote:
> But, we have an opportunity to get into a big time telecom activity.
>
> It would have 2000 to 30,000 user lines per city, and we would like to have
> those brought back to a central location for control and because transport
> can be more economical than remote site rentals, maintenance and personnel.

I would say you need to make an RFP process to first negotiate your
calling rate extremely low with the major vendors of the country where
you're operating. If this is US, you're talking Qwest, AT&T, Verizon,
and the ilk, and you negotiate an extremely low minute rate in return
for giving them a guaranteed minimum revenue. And while you're at it,
you ask them how they suggest you design the architecture over their
national network.