[asterisk-users] Big time system

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Thu Jun 24 22:24:55 CDT 2010

We are an asterisk user... small time system 50-100 users or so.

But, we have an opportunity to get into a big time telecom activity.

It would have 2000 to 30,000 user lines per city, and we would like to have
those brought back to a central location for control and because transport
can be more economical than remote site rentals, maintenance and personnel.

We could take the local lines into concentrators (TNTs or equivalent) and
bring back IP to a central site, or put servers at the remote cities.

Our object is to serve as a "central office switch" for subscribers on
standard telco service loops.

This isn't a "How many lines can I handle using a Belchfire 2600 processor?"
type question but a request for pointers to big time systems.  There would
be no IP path to the end user, "just" copper.

Thank you
Cary Fitch