[asterisk-users] PRI span problem - no D channel

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 05:23:40 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 22 Jun 2010, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have the following happen to me after the restart of one of my servers:
> out of my 3 PRIs (all configured with the same technical settings), the
> last one isn't coming back.  It's underutilized (chances it didn't get a
> call since my reboot), if it makes a difference .
>

> The PRI goes from provisioned to unprovisioned, and I get this regularly:
>
> [Jun 22 09:03:48] WARNING[30723]: chan_dahdi.c:2790 pri_find_dchan: No
> D-channels available!  Using Primary channel 72 as D-channel anyway!

I was getting something similar and it turned out to be because a *different*
span was configured in chan_dahdi.conf, but not connected to anything.

Make sure, if you're only using 3 of the 4 spans, that all lines relating to
the unused one are commented out in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf  (and maybe
in /etc/dahdi/system.conf as well).

I'm guessing this is due to a change in default behaviour between libpri or
DAHDI versions  (since an older install worked just fine with "broken"
configs).

--
AJS