[asterisk-users] one for your filters

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:26:33 CDT 2010

you can start by simply telling us what is the purpose of your server.. and does it have long distance of overseas?? do you use Numeric usernames? simple passwords? passwords the same as your username? this way you can offer more info so we can help you.a quick answer will be.. opening a few and blocking ALL is easier.. as you can have upto 400 prefix to block .. unless you call world wide.. then you will have to block the countries you don't call .. another option.. make your usernames more complex.. letters and numbers.. an additional option is to use fail2ban with Asterisk support.. it will block the IP after the number of attempts you set in the configs. a client of mine wanted simple usernames and passwords to be setup using the keypad on the ipphones.. two months ago they had the same problem you faced.. 400$ to Zimbabway .. and later on 1200$ to Zimbabway.. their provider have a limit of 30 minutes per call .. so the caller had to redial.. unless it's automated.still you can provide us with more info.Regards
-- Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP USA: +1 386 492 9993