[asterisk-users] Anybody using TE410P on BT ISDN with DAHDI?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 11:44:52 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 22 Jun 2010, Scott Stingel wrote:
> Hi-
> I've been going through the same upgrade process recently, and had the
> same error (shown in your other message).  I had forgotten that the
> equipment I was plugged in to was CPE, so I had to change my new setting
> for that span to "NET" rather than CPE.  I notice in your old zapata
> files that you had CPE for two spans and NET for the other two, and your
> dahdi_chan setup is set up the same.  But I'm thinking perhaps during
> testing you plugged a CPE on your new setup to a CPE on the other, which
> would produce the symptoms you see.

On the current machine, spans 1 and 2 are the ISDN exchange lines  (they go to
the box on the wall labelled NTE2D);  span 3 is connected to an Eicon Diva
server card for fax sending  (but that's for another day .....);  and span 4
is available to use as though it was another exchange line  (used to be used
for something once).  I'm not certain that span 2 actually does anything; it
may have been turned off as a money-saving measure.  But the cable is still
plugged in anyway.

I unplugged the cables from spans 1 and 2 of the old machine, and transferred
them to the new machine, leaving 3 and 4 alone for the time being.

Next live testing I'll have to do tonight, once nobody else needs the phones.

--
AJS