[asterisk-users] Unregister and register SIP phones by using num pad on phones?

Aksel Celasun aksel at abacus-it.no
Tue Jun 22 07:01:02 CDT 2010

Hello dear list.

A couple of years ago, I worked with a Alcatel IP pbx and Alcatel Sip phones, and we had the opportunity
to unregister user  by typing *-a number and -* again, ex * 99 *, and then the phone number/sip extension was unavailable, and
all of the calls to that extension was redirected to the receptionist.

When the user came back and wanted to register her sip account/extension, the user typed in a similar "code" ex * 99 * and internal sip, and voila,
Extension is online again. This was very useful regarding when users changed offices and so on, they didn't have to carry their phones, they just unregistered and
Later on registered themselves on the other office.

Are there any similar options on Asterisk, or is this more or less HW related?
Currently testing SNOM m300,Cisco spa525, Cisco spa520, and grandstrem gxp 3000.

Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Abacus IT AS
- din Visma Software Partner
- your Visma Software Partner

Tor Aksel Celasun
Mobilnummer/cell phone: (+47) 900 15 103
Sentralbord/Support 4000 1850
aksel at abacus-it.no<mailto:aksel at abacus-it.no>