[asterisk-users] [AGI] What scripting language for embedded hardware?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Jun 21 07:48:20 CDT 2010

Hello

I'm learning how to work with Asterisk on an embedded system (MMU-less
Blackfin processor, 64MB RAM and 256MB NAND), and was wondering what
people use as scripting language to handle calls through the dialplan
and AGI, considering the hardware limitations?

Ideally, I'd rather use a rich language like PHP or Python, but can
those be fit with even their common modules into such small hardware?
I'm also thinking of Lua and modules, provided they can be included in
the buildroot.

Thank you for any feedback.