[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 + Jabber crashes

Michael astml at nettrust.co.nz
Sun Jun 20 23:06:28 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to setup Asterisk to work with Gtalk.

I am using the following versions:
Slackware Linux 12.0
Asterisk 1.6.2.9
GNU TLS 2.8.6
Iksemel (svn v25)
OpenSSL 0.9.8o

It all compiles however about 10 seconds after starting Asterisk it crashes.

To mitigate this issue I have moved jabber.conf to another directory and then
Asterisk starts up. So I assume the issue is with this file? I can't find any
issues:

jabber.conf:
[general]
debug=no
autoprune=no
autoregister=no

[gtalk1]
type=client
serverhost=talk.google.com
username=MY_GMAIL at gmail.com/Talk
secret=MY_PASS
port=5222
usetls=yes
usesasl=yes
;buddy=MY_FRIEND at gmail.com
;statusmessage="This is an Asterisk server"
;timeout=100

gtalk.conf:
[general]
context=default
allowguest=no
bindaddr=IPADDR

[my-Friend-context]
username=MY_FRIEND at gmail.com
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=custom-michael
connection=gtalk1

When jabber.conf is removed from /etc/asterisk the server starts up and runs
properly.

I have spent a lot of time Googling this issue though most information seems
to be about Asterisk 1.4, so I would have expected any issues there to have
been fixed long ago?

If there is any other information needed please advise.

Michael