[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA94x keep-alive reply replies to wrong address (1.4.32)

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 07:42:28 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM, James Lamanna <jlamanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
>> James Lamanna schrieb:
>>> It appears as though the 489 Bad Event response to the NAT keep alive
>>> event responds to the local address, instead of responding to the
>>> NATted address.
>>> This causes Linksys phones to go amber (no registration) after a short
>>> amount of time after placing calls.
>>> Turning the Linksys NAT keep alive off is a workound, but non-ideal in
>>> may situations.
>>>
>>> Apparently the asterisk devs don't even think this is a bug:
>>> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17532
>>>
>>> Has anyone dealt with this at all?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> -- James
>>>
>> Hello james,
>>
>> in the SPA config webpage on EXT 1 in the Nat Keep Alive MSG you should
>> set $OPTIONS instead of $NOTIFY.
>>
>> then in your asterisk extension default context just set this:
>>
>> exten => s,1,Hangup
>>
>> then the phone will send a options packet and you will get a 200 OK
>> instead of 489 Bad event.
>>
>> this should help.
>>
>> best regards
>
> Thanks Steve,
> I'll give that a try.
> I think I'll also look into why responses to NOTIFYs don't do the
> right thing in terms of NAT either.
>

>> steve
>
> -- James

I have created an issue report on this a few weeks on with Asterisk
1.6.2.8-rc1. This was happening on a client site, which I didn't have
a chance to stop back by, so they closed the issue.

https://issues.asterisk.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=17379

It looked to me like Asterisk was rejecting the NOTIFY message due to
no callid, which is in the message. I couldn't figure out what was
going and there is code in 1.6.2.x to return a 200 OK to a NOTIFY
message.

Ryan