[asterisk-users] How to disable day light saving on Snom 360 phones?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 07:43:59 CDT 2010

I didn't get any reply to this question, which means it is not a very common
issue users deal with. However, contrary to what customer complained, I have
found out that daylight saving is *NOT* enabled by default and the phone
points to UTC time if timezone is set to GBR-0. The firmware on these
particular phones is version 7.3.14.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com>wrote:

> I knew somebody will send me these links, so I mentioned in my question
> that wiki was of no help. These were the first pages I went through, and
> they don't tell how to *disable* DST. To have DST picked up automatically by
> these phones based on timezone is so nice of Snom but that is exactly what I
> *don't* want in this case. Setting it to '0' seconds doesn't help either.
>
> Zeeshan A Zakaria
>
> --
> www.ilovetovoip.com
>
> On 2010-06-14 12:44 PM, "Philipp von Klitzing" <
> klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>

> > Snom wiki was not helpful. My client wants to keep his phones pointed
> > to UTC time, no DST, no c...
>
> How about this?
>
> XML Syntax: Settings/dst/xml
> http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/dst
>
> Settings/utc offset:
> Signed UTC offset in seconds. This value is retrieved automatically from
> the timezone configuration. Usually there will be no need to change this
> setting.
> http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/utc_offset
>
> NOTE: The timezone setting sets utc_offset and dst automatically !
>
> Philipp
>

> --

Zeeshan A Zakaria