[asterisk-users] Voicemail vm-intro played even when temp greeting is setup

Jonathan González jonathan.gsc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:36:42 CDT 2010

Hi there,

I am configuring a small voicemail server and I am facing the following
problem.

Executing this command: exten => 1234,1,VoiceMail(${NUMBER}@test)

When a user does not have a customized temporary greeting vm-intro message
is played asking for the message to the user but when the user has already a
temporary greeting both the temporary greeting and vm-intro are played.
Basically what I would like to do is to avoid this second scenario so when a
user has a customized temporary greeting just that is played and not
vm-intro is played.

I have seen that to avoid the reproduction of vm-intro I can use the s flag,
doing something like this:

exten => 1234,1,VoiceMail(s${NUMBER}@test)

But the problem is that if I do that nothing is played for the users that
don't have personalized greeting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan