[asterisk-users] Small PC to build and run Asterisk

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Jun 15 06:58:34 CDT 2010

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Also cheaper to replace flash card than hard drive.

But a flash card needs replacing more often than a hard drive. It's just
not designed for the same sort of lifecycle of writes that a hard drive
is. Sure, the number is always increasing as they increase the capacity,
but it WILL NOT LAST.  Dependent on the type of filesystem access you
need, SSD could be a great choice. But if you're heavy on logging and
writing small data bits here and there (which isn't always something you
can control if you don't write all the software), then a hard drive is
just going to be the better choice to hold up for a long period of time.

N.