[asterisk-users] can't seem to register, status unmonitored

nikhil singhania niksinghania at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:07:13 CDT 2010

Hi everybody,
  I am trying to register my softphone(twinkle) on an asterisk server.
Everything seems to be fine.
Here is the output on show registrations in twinkle:
  Tue 18:57:51
nikhil: you have the following registrations
<sip:2001 at 172.26.48.208 <sip%3A2001 at 172.26.48.208>>;expires=3013

208 is ip of the asterisk server.
on the server on doing 'sip show peers' , it shows the user and the ip but
status is unmonitored.

debian-te410*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
wlg-gateway                202.7.4.40                  5060     Unmonitored
2002/2002                  (Unspecified)    D   N      0        Unmonitored
2001/2001                  172.26.48.113    D   N      5062     Unmonitored
3 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 2 online, 1
offline]

113 is my ip. This may be the reason that when i do 'sip show registry' no
value is displayed even though i get message of successful registration on
my sofphone.

debian-te410*CLI> sip show registry
Host                            Username       Refresh State
Reg.Time

Please help, what may be the problem here, should the status be different?
I want to make a call from server to the 2001 user through a php file, how
can I do so??

Thanks in advance
Nikhil Kumar
summer intern:simmortel voice technologies
rit2007033
b.tech IT 6th sem
IIIT Allahabad
contact at 9793905858