[asterisk-users] Re : Controlling calls

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Jun 6 17:37:36 CDT 2010

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, Adil Zaaraoui wrote:

> Yes i can get the user remaining minutes from my database, the scrips
> runs; but when i run exec("Dial","IAX2/400") then geting the
> channelStatus if is answer it does not hangup using either
> getChannel().hangup() or just hangup().
>
> note: when running Dial from my script, it blocks for a period about
> 13seconds then the program continue to the next statment.

Are you saying that when you execute the dial application from your AGI
Asterisk dials the peer and when peer answers they get dead air for 13
seconds before being bridged with the caller?

> I think you get what i want to achieve. dialing from the script, if the
> channel is answered, set a timer, if the caller consumed his minutes,
> from the script i hangup.

Did you try setting channel variables in your AGI and then doing an
absolute timeout and the dial command in the dialplan? What happened?

What happens if you try something like this:

         exten = 777,n,                  set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=30)
         exten = 777,n,                  dial(iax2/400)
         exten = 777,n,                  hangup()

What is supposed to happen if the call is not answered?

--
Thanks in advance,