[asterisk-users] Delay in IVR

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:46:38 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Kingsley Tart <kingsley at skymarket.co.uk> wrote:
> I know nothing of Trixbox but I had a problem with my own dialplan where
> there was a delay with the user selecting 0 from my IVR menu. It turned
> out that because my extensions all started with 0 (they were real phone
> numbers), asterisk thought that the caller might be starting to type one
> of the valid extensions and so waited for the timeout (digit timeout I
> think) before it went further.

A similar thing can happen quite easily with FreePBX, where at least
in the past, the default was that every IVR had an implicit valid
selection of any extension in the system, unless you unchecked the box
that made that happen. It really explained why so many calls were
going to a particular phone before we found that default!