[asterisk-users] Definite app_jack trouble - unsolvable

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Jun 1 16:00:35 CDT 2010

Greetings!
   I now found someone to test gtalk with and found out, that app_jack has a
problem here. My voice gets transmitted fine, but I only get white noise from
the other party. I tried to set my JACK samplerate to 8000 to make sure it's
no libresample problem, the results were the same.
   My setup is:
Linux Debian Lenny
Kernel: 2.6.30.4 PREEMPT (self-built)
JACKd: jackd version 0.119.0 tmpdir /tmp protocol 24 (self-built from source
repository)
Asterisk: 1.6.2.8-rc1 built from source-tarball
   Just today I installed libjingle 0.4.0, the latest I could find from
code.google.com, as well as iksemel from source-tarball.
   Just to be on the safe site I tried building libilbc from source, but found
no suitable source for that. So I just used the
contrib/scripts/get_ilbc_something.sh from asterisk.
   I also checked my soundcard and microphone, they work perfectly.
   As stated inan earlier mail: Voicemail can be left, with perfect
sound-quality, yet too short. This means, sound gets transmitted to my
asterisk and asterisk should not loose it on the way.
   Both jack ports are created without problem, when the call is established.
   Again my output (debug in full mode, including even notices) doesn't show
anything odd, as far as I could see.
   So does anyone else have similar problems, can think of a reason? shall I
use an earlier asterisk version? What else can I try? Can Iget more specific
debugging from JACK or some other helpful diagnostics, that might point in the
right direction?
   Best wishes
             Julien

--------