[asterisk-users] Slightly OT: trying to mangle packets from Asterisk for a multiple ISP setup (reward)

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Tue Jun 1 12:40:47 CDT 2010

Hi Jimmy,

The rule is:

default via 22.22.22.22 dev eth1 src 22.22.22.21

The src *should* change the originating IP address. It works for all other
statically defined routes with IP addresses.

Again:
32764: from all to 66.77.77.77 lookup test (that works fine)
32765: from all fwmark 4 lookup test  (this doesn't. It does seem to go in
that table, but the src isnt modified)

I just realized this is where I am stuck, the packets DO fall on the right
routing table when fwmark is used (they do go out of the right device, eth1,
which isnt the default one), but the only thing that is different is that
the src IP isnt modified as it is when the matching rule is based on IP.

IN summary, I can see the packets leaving via eth0 or eth1 depending on
whether I delete the fwmark 4 rule or add it back in.  So it`s definitely
eing matched and going into the right routing tables

Is there any reason who a fwmark matching rule acts differently when it
comes to rewriting the src address ? Google can`t help, I`m certainly not
the only one who's ever tried that.

Mike

NIC
> >> to bind to the subnet. This creates problems at layer 2, especially in
> >> large traffic volume situations. Since a technically correct arp
> >> response is sent - the mac address in the response is for the NIC to
> >> which the arp request was sent - from the first NIC to bind to the
> >> subnet, the switch(es) never actually learn where the MAC addresses for
> >> the other NICs are located. This creates a situation where all traffic
> >> for these NICs is broadcast to all ports in the VLAN.
> >>
> >> Joe

Asterisk