[asterisk-users] DUNDi questions

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sat Jul 31 09:11:24 CDT 2010

On 7/30/2010 11:37 AM, unserossi at aol.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two questions regarding DUNDi and Asterisk Realtime. I have successfully set up DUNDi on my two Asterisk boxes, which means
> "dundi show peers" on each box shows the other box as known and "dialplan show dundiextens" shows the extensions on each box configured in sip.conf.
>
> 1. But when i switch my config to use sip in realtime, my extensions are only visible to DUNDi if i set rtcachefriends in sip.conf to yes.
> Am I forced to set rtcachefriends to use DUNDi with realtime or do I miss something, maybe an additional column in my database table?
>
> 2. How can I use DUNDi within my dialplan to determine if an extension is reachable and then establish a call to it and if not, pass the call to my PSTN device?

This sounds like you need to enable regcontext and regexten in sip.conf
and for your peers. This will cause a line of dialplan to be added to
the regcontext upon registration of your peer, which you can then use as
the lookup context for your DUNDi mapping.

The dialplan is dynamically created and will add and remove the
information assigned to regexten for the peer upon (de)registration.

Leif Madsen.