[asterisk-users] DUNDi questions

unserossi at aol.com unserossi at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 10:37:34 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding DUNDi and Asterisk Realtime. I have successfully set up DUNDi on my two Asterisk boxes, which means
"dundi show peers" on each box shows the other box as known and "dialplan show dundiextens" shows the extensions on each box configured in sip.conf.

1. But when i switch my config to use sip in realtime, my extensions are only visible to DUNDi if i set rtcachefriends in sip.conf to yes.
Am I forced to set rtcachefriends to use DUNDi with realtime or do I miss something, maybe an additional column in my database table?

2. How can I use DUNDi within my dialplan to determine if an extension is reachable and then establish a call to it and if not, pass the call to my PSTN device?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver