[asterisk-users] Asterisk and QoS

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Fri Jul 30 12:37:32 CDT 2010

My problem is that my Asterisk server is sometimes also FTP-server for
uploading of MoH-files. I don't want this FTP-traffic to interfere with
ongoing VoIP-calls. Therefore I would like to give priority to the
RTP-traffic.

I read that there is not really a way of shaping incoming traffic on
Linux (ingress).

Anyone on this list know how to deal with other packets coming in on the
same interface ?! I have a gigabit link on a gigabit network... but
don't know if this is enough.

Kind regards,

Jonas.