[asterisk-users] Asterisk Crashes - Segmentation Fault

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Jul 30 11:16:50 CDT 2010

Manmohan wrote:
> I did added the record option in user options as well.

> $Mod_Options = array(array(_("Announce"), "I"), array(_("Record"), "r"));
> $User_Options = array(array(_("Announce"), "I"), array(_("Listen Only"), "m"), array(_("Wait for Leader"), "w"),
> array(_("Record"), "r"));

> And the gre8 news is, it did worked this time. But it saved the recorded file in the following path:
That is good to hear.

> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/    with the name as "meetme-conf-rec-74438-1280463795.8.wav

> Than i tried to move the file to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/conf-recordings/ just to see that it gives me a
> speaker icon when i click to past conferences.

> Unfortunately i couldnt see this speaker icon to hear this recorded conference .wav file.
I am not surprised.  By default MeetMe creates unique file names by appending
pin-uniqueid, but uniqueid is not know until the conference starts, so the web interface
does not know what to look for.  Part of the changes to app_meetme included setting the
realtime filename to use.

> I tried to download the .wav file into my windows machine and the filed played well..

> like i mentioned in my earlier mail that following line i had added in lib/define.php, please correct me if i am wrong:

> define ("RECORDING_PATH", "/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/conf-recordings/");

> Do you think This recording path is taking the effect here?

That setting effect where the WMM interface looks for recordings and not where Asterisk puts
them.  Looking back at your email history, I see you are on 4.0.1.  After all of the suggestions,
I remembered that I too found problems with recordings and addressed them in 4.0.2

That version adds a field to the database and stores the recording names in the database.  I
recommend using that version instead of 4.0.1.  You can move your copy of lib/defines.php to
the 4.0.2 install and keep your changes.

Dan