[asterisk-users] agi macro problem

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Jul 30 09:38:21 CDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Zarko Zivanovic wrote:

> I need simple whopicked.agi (instead of .rb) which will simply take the
> value 30086 (that I pass to macro)

While ".rb" suggests a "Ruby source file," ".agi" suggests nothing.

> This should be simple – no ruby  - just agi.

You are confusing a language with a protocol. An AGI is a program that
complies with the AGI protocol. It can be written in any language that
reads from stdin and writes to stdout. I don't know of any language that
fails this requirement.

Ruby is not a popular language for writing AGIs, at least on this list.
Most AGI compliant programs are written in Perl, PHP, c, or shell.

--
Thanks in advance,