[asterisk-users] Why do Zaptel calls drop all of a sudden? Couldbusy detect be the problem?

Martin asterisklist at callthem.info
Fri Jul 30 05:18:07 CDT 2010

Either turn off busydetect or increase the busycount to 5-7 or even
more ... (10 should be conservative)
busydetect looks for cadence or patterns of the same length ... beep
on [X ms] beep off [Y ms]
so you can afford to increase busycount and have a few second longer
calls / the line is kept longer offhook
but you don't get false busy detections

Also in US/Canada callprogress will do a better job then busydetect
since it looks for specific frequencies of the busy signal
and not just noise/beep then silence ... If you're somewhere else then
you can hire a coder to tweak callprogress algorithm
to your country's busy signal frequencies ... Just record the busy
signal with ztmonitor and send to someone for code patch...

regards
Martin