[asterisk-users] IAX authentication oddity - Known issue? Fixed?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 06:49:01 CDT 2010

Hi,

I had the following odd behaviour in Asterisk 1.2 - We are migrating
to 1.6, and I will re-test ASAP, though it is quite hard to replicate,
but I am curious to know whether it is a known IAX issue in 1.2.

We had 2 users in iax.conf:

[user1]
username=user1
secret=secret1
context=context1
host=iax.hostname.com

[user2]
username=user2
secret=
context=context2
host=dynamic
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
allow=1.2.3.0/255.255.255.0

A call came in with username=user2, the call was from the valid IP
range specified in [user2], and the IAX debug trace showed the call as
UNAUTHENTICATED. So far so good.

The issue is that once the call was "in", the channel-name was
allocated as IAX/user1-xxx (instead of IAX/user2-xxx) and the call
jumped to context1 instead of context2.

I believe that the source IP address for the call DOES fall into the
list of IP addresses that resolve using iax.hostname.com.

I am concerned!

Regards,
Steve