[asterisk-users] 'dirty' upgrade of 1.4

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:04:09 CDT 2010

When you run make, it compiles the binaries in the src directory. Once
it is done compiling stop asterisk. Running make install will copy the
compiled binaries into their respective folders on your system. Then
just start asterisk. If you need to revert, stop asterisk, run make
install in the old src directory, then start asterisk.

Ryan