[asterisk-users] asterisk & distributed device state => res_jabber Versus res_ais

Mathieu thieums at thieums.com
Mon Jul 26 09:45:09 CDT 2010

Hello,
     as I'm looking for a solution (with asterisk 1.6.2) , my
investigations leaded to :
- res_ais => libais & corosync. (each node need to run corosync / aiexec)
- res_jabber => libjabber & iksemel. (each node need to be connected on
an XMPP server)

I've been able to make some successful tests with res_ais on 2 servers
but got some CPU issues with corosync after some hours of activity.

What's the best solution regarding flexibility and stability and
real-time exploitation ?

I've got the feeling a good (and old) XMPP server will be more reliable
than res_ais which seems to be pretty young.

Thank you for your help.

Mathieu