[asterisk-users] Using Vertical IP2007 phones with Asterisk?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Jul 25 17:31:09 CDT 2010

Kevin Keane wrote:

> I recently inherited a Vertical Xcelerator IP system with IP2007
> phones. I would like to use the phones with an Asterisk system
> instead, but there doesn't seem to be much information on it on
> Google. Is it even possible? These phones claim that they are SIP phones.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin

Good luck getting much help from Vertical.
For those who don't know, Vertical seems to have bought all the
semi-crappy business phone system companies in recent years, Comdial,
Vodavi (who was previously merged with Isoetec and Executone ) and
perhaps others.
The only decent product in the mix was the Keyvoice voice mail line.
Previous dealers seem to have been shut out of support, and there is
little available without being a Vertical dealer. Seems they may be
using the Cisco model.
Either try and sign up with Vertical, or put the system on eBay and cut
your losses

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot