[asterisk-users] Vocera Comm Badges

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jul 23 22:29:47 CDT 2010

I've worked with these before.  They are designed to run a whole hospital
shift, so there should be no worries regarding the battery.

I'm not aware of the server having any kind of SIP support -- I think you
would need to have a PRI trunk to another PBX.  The last time I talked to
them they had their own proprietary codec to deal with the occasional packet
loss of Wi-Fi, and the codec was encrypted, too.

They really work -- just hit the button and say "Call Bob Smith" and they
call Bob.

Frank