[asterisk-users] Vocera Comm Badges

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 23 09:37:39 CDT 2010

Hi!

> I´ve seen them at trade shows, I think I remember it being proprietary.
> What about using Dect handsets?

That Star Trek device has always interested me. Too bad they chose WiFi
over DECT, though.

Vocera badge:
* WLAN b/g
* Talktime 2-2.5 hours, standby 20-27 hours
* headset jack
* OLED display (why don't they ever show this on the pics)
* Linux based

Back side:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3412/3496101115_32319840a5.jpg

System:
* Windows server
* Nuance ASR & biometrics & Dictaphone
* Dialogic T1/ISDN/Analog cards
* SIP interface
* iPhone app

I am also curious to hear some user reports, in particular about battery
performance: Does it last one entire working day, or does it need to be
exchanged (once?) per day? What is the smallest feasible installation?
What speech protocol does the badge use to talk to the server?

"First quarter of 2010 was the third consecutive profitable quarter for
the company. In addition, since the beginning of 2010, the company has
announced the addition of 22 new employees across North America and the
United Kingdom."

Philipp