[asterisk-users] Dahdi dial plan

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 23 10:14:04 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 04:55:57PM +0200, Sebastian Schwardt wrote:
> Hi,
>

> can anybody please show me a valid dial plan for a dahdi card with a bri
> port? I can not get asterisk 1.6 to dial a number. I want to receive one
> call on the first b channel and dial another number on the second b channel
> of the same isdn port.
>

> I tried something like Dial(DAHDI/g1/123456789) but that does not work. It
> always says that the channel is busy.

Let's assume you have the folloiwng in chan_dahdi.conf:

[channels]
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
switchtype = euroisdn
context = from-bri
group = 1
channel => 1-2

Now, in extensions.conf:

[from-bri]; Handle inclming calls from ISDN
; Example of special handling for a specific MSN:
exten => 1,1122334455,NoOp(Call to MSN ${EXTEN})
exten => n,1122334455,...  Continue handling it. Answer?

; A catch-all extension for all of them:
exten => 1,_X.,NoOp(Call to MSN ${EXTEN})
exten => n,_X.,...  Continue handling it. Answer?

See also the [demo] context in the sample extension.conf .

Now, suppose you have a SIP phone that is sent to context 'interlanl'
(or another context that contains it). Suppose you want to make
any number that begins with 1 and has exactly 10 digits go through the
ISDN:

[internal]
exten => _1XXXXXXXXX,Dial(DAHDI/G1/${EXTEN})

'G' means that it will first try the second BRI line and only then try
the first line. In practice I suppose it doesn't matter as if on is busy
in a call, it will use the other.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com