[asterisk-users] One way audio when dialing multiple registrations

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:36:15 CDT 2010

Hi Nasir,

Please don't send me direct emails, unless you want to secure my paid
consultancy services or want to do some other business.

For setting up the RTP, you need to do it on your firewall, which is
receiving RTP traffic from these particular IP address. I can't guess how to
do it on your router/firewall. And it may still not solve your problem. I
would suggest using separate extensions for separate IP addresses.

For wireshark sniffing, my following blog might be helpful:

http://ilovetovoip.com/2010/02/graphical-illustration-of-the-sip-messages-using-wonderful-wireshark/

Zeeshan
--
www.ilovetovoip.com
www.trashinternetexplorer.com

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com>wrote:

> Based on the info you provided (though wireshark analysis will tell more
> about it), I am sure what is happening is that rtp coming back from the
> called doesn't know which ip to go to, because asterisk knows two ip
> addressses for the same extension due to the way you dialed it, i.e. in
> ringgroup fashion
>
> I have had this problem once and I never tried registering same extension
> from two different places after that.
>
> Try Phillip's suggestion, maybe it'll work for you.
>
> Zeeshan A Zakaria
>
> --
> www.ilovetovoip.com
>
> On 2010-07-15 11:42 AM, "Philipp von Klitzing" <
> klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> > I am working on calling 2 registrations of same user on 2 different ip or
> > ports. It works f...
>
> You need to make sure that these two phones use *different* RTP ports,
> and that this is handled correctly in your router/NAT device (by port
> forwarding or other methods).
>
> Philipp
>

> --

Zeeshan A Zakaria